LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the C6 Z06 LS7 Clutch Slave Cylinder is the same as the GTO or is it a more heavy duty solution that will work on the GTO?

If it is a more HD unit than the one on the GTO and will fit the GTO then I want to switch so if you have a part number I would appreciate that too.

·
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not even close to fitting.
huh, that doesn't tell me much? Why wouldn't it fit, it's still a T-56 isn't it? and I would think it would be stronger wouldn't it since the clutch is obviously stronger.

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
Does anyone know if the C6 Z06 LS7 Clutch Slave Cylinder is the same as the GTO or is it a more heavy duty solution that will work on the GTO?

If it is a more HD unit than the one on the GTO and will fit the GTO then I want to switch so if you have a part number I would appreciate that too.
I just went through this buy a standard Fbody unit and knock the roll pin out for the clutch line connection and swap it over with the GTO unit will save you about $100.00 Plus there is no other difference in the units. I have never seen the Z06 unit but everything I have heard is that its the same as what we have internally except for the connection.

Les

·
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went through this buy a standard Fbody unit and knock the roll pin out for the clutch line connection and swap it over with the GTO unit will save you about $100.00 Plus there is no other difference in the units. I have never seen the Z06 unit but everything I have heard is that its the same as what we have internally except for the connection.

Les
Thank you, I knew about the F-body one and mod. I was just wondering if improvement were made to the LS7 version and if it would fit the GTO. At this point no one really seems to know. I have a buddy that sells vette's and has a good parts guy at his dealership so I will dig deeper with him this week.

·
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was having this same dilema and decided that the stock gto one should be enough. Saves some cash too!

How much more heavy duty can one of these get? Seriously, anyone know?
I don't know, that's why I posted this up. What clutch are you going to be using?

·
Who me, no not me...
10,321 Posts
I guarantee it won't fit. Remember, that on a manual corvette the clutch is at the engine and is mounted to the torque tube shaft, not directly to the transmission as our is.

On an auto vette, the torque tube inner shaft turns at full speed and the 'verter is at the rear as part of the transmission.

·
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guarantee it won't fit. Remember, that on a manual corvette the clutch is at the engine and is mounted to the torque tube shaft, not directly to the transmission as our is.

On an auto vette, the torque tube inner shaft turns at full speed and the 'verter is at the rear as part of the transmission.
I hear ya on the configuration. I am a former 'vette owner. I am still not conviced that the setup isn't the same though. But, I guess until someone actually cracks open a 'vette bell housing we will not know.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,321 Posts
I hear ya on the configuration. I am a former 'vette owner. I am still not conviced that the setup isn't the same though. But, I guess until someone actually cracks open a 'vette bell housing we will not know.
Ya know, the guys to ask would be Vengeance, one of our sponsors. They take C5 and C6 vettes apart all of the time and should be able to snap some digi pics for you.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Just use the F-body one. Its good, and will save you $$$. 01-02 version, I just used one from Napa, OEM wasnt in stock, working fine for me, Since I will probably burn through the clutch within 200 track passes, I'll have to replace it everytime. No biggie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts