LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a light next to a Z28. Guy was really nice asked how long I had the GTO and if I liked it, I told him it was all good. Light turned green we nailed it. I had him but not by much, Next red light... we were both ready... Green, we launched, pretty good strech of road, don't know how fast we were going cause I was too busy glancing at the tach for the shift. I pulled him 1 door length, very even race but I was faster. We slowed to about 20 and he asked if it was a 6 speed, 'bout the time I sayed yes I saw the red and blue lights behind us... WAY back, I figured this cop saw us and did a U. I have no luck with tickets so I started to pull off so I could get the ticket. Low and behold The cop got behind the Camaro and pulled him over.... I ditched into the neiborhood and was gone... I feel guilty, he lost AND got a ticket for it!

Wasn't his night....

If I could find the White Z28 I would like to know if the cop let him go, I doubt it though.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Depending on where you are, street racing will get you license revoked and your car impounded. Hopefully it was just a speeding ticket.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea It was funny cause the cop was only on us after we were well in the next town, 3 cities touch right there and when I took a right and ditched it was 2 towns away from the cops juristiction, I really don't know how or where the cop saw us, when we were slowed and talking, the cop was a litterally a mile away... I am thinking there was a good chance he was let go, we were a 1/2 mile into the next town when the cop even caught up and we were pulling off so he could catch us we were not about to run...

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
DFWGTO said:
I was at a light next to a Z28. Guy was really nice asked how long I had the GTO and if I liked it, I told him it was all good. Light turned green we nailed it. I had him but not by much, Next red light... we were both ready... Green, we launched, pretty good strech of road, don't know how fast we were going cause I was too busy glancing at the tach for the shift. I pulled him 1 door length, very even race but I was faster. We slowed to about 20 and he asked if it was a 6 speed, 'bout the time I sayed yes I saw the red and blue lights behind us... WAY back, I figured this cop saw us and did a U. I have no luck with tickets so I started to pull off so I could get the ticket. Low and behold The cop got behind the Camaro and pulled him over.... I ditched into the neiborhood and was gone... I feel guilty, he lost AND got a ticket for it!

Wasn't his night....

If I could find the White Z28 I would like to know if the cop let him go, I doubt it though.
It sucks but we always take a chance when doing a little stop light F1 racing. Do you know if it was an LT1 or LS1 Z/28?

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wished I knew, I went looking for the guy yesterday at some of the local weekend hangouts... didn't see him. It looked like a 2000 or so, The newest ones have headlights into the hood and the ones before were kinda sunk back and narrow this one was the one in between, headlights closer to the hood but not changing the hoodline.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
DFWGTO said:
Wished I knew, I went looking for the guy yesterday at some of the local weekend hangouts... didn't see him. It looked like a 2000 or so, The newest ones have headlights into the hood and the ones before were kinda sunk back and narrow this one was the one in between, headlights closer to the hood but not changing the hoodline.
I believe that the 2000 is an LS1 which is faster then the LT1. No wonder he stayed pretty close. Close in hp but a little less weight. Still a good kill!

I've raced the LT1 and he didn't have a chance. He tried me 3 times and lost 3 times (at least he was consistance :punch: ).

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
well now !!!! A ls1 camaro kill..........repects, these cars are hot. These wins will be few and far between.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not thata few, My bro's buddy is the head engineer for Hauns Fesal (SP). Got him digging around for some 5 angle Valve job LS6 ported heads & cam for the GTO...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts