LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked everywhere. And I've heard talk of a zaino mixing ruler. Per drops and what not. I just got my kit with the zfx. Im pretty sure for the fusion, z-2 and z-5 its a half a bottle with 4 drops right. Any help would be AMAZING!

So tomorrow I'm going to do the full treatment all day. Tell me if this sounds good. Also going to buy some house towels 100% cotton and cut them up.

Dawn.(blue)
Claybar (1/2 cap of z-7 per 16oz of water)
Wash(z-7)
2 coats of fusion ?
3-4 coats of z-5 (z-6 in between each coat)
3 coats of z-2 (z-6 in between each coat)
2 more z-2 the following day afer a z-7 wash possibly.

·
Get to the choppah!
516 Posts
WOW, that's alot of work just to wax a car :drink:

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
I suggest you not cut up your towels, just be careful with the serged edges. Even professional towels have the edges. Wal Mart often sells nice cotton towels for cheap (~$5) and if you get a dark color just for car washing your s/o won't pop a vein that you're using the Ralph Laurens to wax "that thing". LOL.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
TitanMS said:
Ive looked everywhere. And I've heard talk of a zaino mixing ruler. Per drops and what not. I just got my kit with the zfx. Im pretty sure for the fusion, z-2 and z-5 its a half a bottle with 4 drops right. Any help would be AMAZING!

So tomorrow I'm going to do the full treatment all day. Tell me if this sounds good. Also going to buy some house towels 100% cotton and cut them up.

Dawn.(blue)
Wash(z-7)
2 coats of fusion ?
DO NOT USE COATS OF FUSION. Fusion is a spot fixer only. Its an abraisive not a polish. Fusion is for fixing scratches and such and for things the clay cannot get off.

DAWN
CLAY
WASH with Z7
2 coats Z5 optional and that depends on how bad your swril marks are
AT LEAST 2 coats of Z2 but as many as you like.
Z6 in between all coats of Z5 and Z2 and even after it has been washed before first coat of Z5

1 oz ( half little bottle ) with 2 drops ZFX for both Z5 and Z2. that half bottle is good for at least 2 coats. If you cant get two coats out of it, you are using WAY to much Zaino on the pad.
DONE

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
wango-z-tango said:
I suggest you not cut up your towels, just be careful with the serged edges. Even professional towels have the edges. Wal Mart often sells nice cotton towels for cheap (~$5) and if you get a dark color just for car washing your s/o won't pop a vein that you're using the Ralph Laurens to wax "that thing". LOL.
The reason Zaino recommends not to use colored towels is that dyes are abraisive and I tried that experiment, wont ever try it again!

If you follow Zainos rules in the tips and tricks section of their website, you will be very very happy.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Red Alert said:
Its a one time,first time thing only and really should be done that way with any wax. And for the record, Zaino is not a wax. Its a sealant/polish. One coat every 3-4 months of Z2 takes a total of an hour start to finish and is all you need.

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
Baaa said:
The reason Zaino recommends not to use colored towels is that dyes are abraisive and I tried that experiment, wont ever try it again!
I may be a Zaino heathen, but I use a dyed 100% cotton US made towel set left over from a previous bathroom decor. They are brown, work great, and don't aggravate the lovely lady in my life because I segregate 'em during washing.

I don't disagree with Baaa at all, but just like when you have your first baby and sterlize everything, by the time your 3rd kid rolls around you're nuking formula mixed with tap water, etc.

·
1 of 262
10,338 Posts
TitanMS said:

Dawn.(blue)
Wash(z-7)
2 coats of fusion ?
Forget the ruler, it's no longer needed.
In the shade (cool paint).
Wash w/ Dawn using a good mit and use a brush to get in all the seams and mouldings.
Clay bar (1/2 cap of z-7 per 16oz of water) use plenty of water w/ Z7 and lightly glide (no pressure) the clay across the paint.
Wash with Z-7; Dry well.
no fusion
1/2 fill a mixing bottle with Z5 and add 4 drops ZFX; shake well and wait 10 minutes for the ZFX to activate the polish.
Apply 3 super thin coats of Z5 activated w/ZFX (with Z6 in between) to everything (paint, glass, rubber mouldings, plastic, wheels (last)) let cure 24 hours. (3 coats is the maximum for a 24 hour period.) To help stretch the polish, keep misting the applicator with Z6.
If the half bottle is not enough for three coats, don't worry about it; stop when it gone.
You are done for the day.
Next day or any day, rewash it w/ Z7 and apply 1 coat of Z2 without ZFX; let dry, remove, mist w/ Z6 and let it cure 24 hours.
Never apply more then 3 coats a day.
When to use ZFX:
The first time.
When applying more then 1 coat in a 24 hour period.
Every 10th coat.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Jontall said:
Forget the ruler, it's no longer needed.
In the shade (cool paint).
Wash w/ Dawn using a good mit and use a brush to get in all the seams and mouldings.
Clay bar (1/2 cap of z-7 per 16oz of water) use plenty of water w/ Z7 and lightly glide (no pressure) the clay across the paint.
Wash with Z-7; Dry well.
no fusion
1/2 fill a mixing bottle with Z5 and add 4 drops ZFX; shake well and wait 10 minutes for the ZFX to activate the polish.
Apply 3 super thin coats of Z5 activated w/ZFX (with Z6 in between) to everything (paint, glass, rubber mouldings, plastic, wheels (last)) let cure 24 hours. (3 coats is the maximum for a 24 hour period.) To help stretch the polish, keep misting the applicator with Z6.
If the half bottle is not enough for three coats, don't worry about it; stop when it gone.
You are done for the day.
Next day or any day, rewash it w/ Z7 and apply 1 coat of Z2 without ZFX; let dry, remove, mist w/ Z6 and let it cure 24 hours.
Never apply more then 3 coats a day.
When to use ZFX:
The first time.
When applying more then 1 coat in a 24 hour period.
Every 10th coat.
Well this is straight from the Zaino website.
ZFX™ can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2™, Z-3™ and Z-5™. Plus, ZFX™ makes using Z-1™ Polish Lok unnecessary. Using ZFX™ in place of Z-1™ Polish Lok will promote cross-linking, reduce drying time, increase gloss factor, extend durability level, and instantly cure to allow multiple immediate coats! No more waiting between coats!

Also the NEW ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive is an incredible product and could be used as often as you like... it's up to you. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss.

I use ZFX with every coat as you can tell a difference and you dont ahve to wait more then 30 mins for it to dry. Otherwise on a humid day, it cacn take 4-6 hours to dry. If it stenthens and brightens the coats , there is no reason not to use it every time.

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it kool if I dont wait the 24 hrs. I would If I could but the military has me by the chain lol. Workin 6 days a week. Id like to just do it all in one day.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
TitanMS said:
Is it kool if I dont wait the 24 hrs. I would If I could but the military has me by the chain lol. Workin 6 days a week. Id like to just do it all in one day.
You cant get 5-6 coats in a day but you can easily get 3. If you only ahve one day then do 2 coats Z5 then one Z2. Then the next weekend. Do one Z5 then 2 Z2. ALWAYS finish with Z2 and a dusting of Z6 or Z8. Have fun and enjoy it dude!!

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help !!!!

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
TitanMS said:
thanks for all the help !!!!
Just take everything we all said and combine it LOL. Make sure you take some before and after pics for yourself.

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
nothing more to add here! LOL except to reiterate not to use coats of fusion. The stuff is great but unless you really have messed up paint you should not have to use it on the whole car. Always try Z5 first for fine swirls and scaratches.. have fun make a day out of it and then you won't have to spend that much time again and it will be worth it!

·
1 of 262
10,338 Posts
Baaa said:
Well this is straight from the Zaino website.
ZFX™ can be used with any of our Show Car Polish products, including Z-2™, Z-3™ and Z-5™. Plus, ZFX™ makes using Z-1™ Polish Lok unnecessary. Using ZFX™ in place of Z-1™ Polish Lok will promote cross-linking, reduce drying time, increase gloss factor, extend durability level, and instantly cure to allow multiple immediate coats! No more waiting between coats!

Also the NEW ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive is an incredible product and could be used as often as you like... it's up to you. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss.

I use ZFX with every coat as you can tell a difference and you dont ahve to wait more then 30 mins for it to dry. Otherwise on a humid day, it cacn take 4-6 hours to dry. If it stenthens and brightens the coats , there is no reason not to use it every time.
http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Jontall said:
Yes sir and right above helpful hint #3
Remember, you’ll need to use Z-1 or ZFX at least once every six months or every tenth coat of polish. If you have a ClayBar, you should use it whenever it seems needed. I clay our Camaro whenever I notice any roughness on the surface, every six to nine months. You must use ZFX on any day you put on more than one coat of polish. You may use ZFX as often as every coat.
As I stated, if it makes it better, there is no reason not to and I have been on all my cars since ZFX came out. Have been using Zaino for almost 10 years.

·
99% Stock
4,969 Posts
Red Alert said:

Yeah, I think smearing pig fat on a car would be a lot easier.

·
99% Stock
4,969 Posts
wango-z-tango said:

My towels are cut and they always fray in the washer/dryer and get tangled up with each other.

·
99% Stock
4,969 Posts
Baaa said:
DO NOT USE COATS OF FUSION. Fusion is a spot fixer only. Its an abraisive not a polish. Fusion is for fixing scratches and such and for things the clay cannot get off.

DAWN
CLAY
WASH with Z7
2 coats Z5 optional and that depends on how bad your swril marks are
AT LEAST 2 coats of Z2 but as many as you like.
Z6 in between all coats of Z5 and Z2 and even after it has been washed before first coat of Z5

1 oz ( half little bottle ) with 2 drops ZFX for both Z5 and Z2. that half bottle is good for at least 2 coats. If you cant get two coats out of it, you are using WAY to much Zaino on the pad.
DONE

Yeah, I think fusion is not for making coats. It is an abrasive polish.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts