LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh...apparently this particular ZO6 owner isn't a man of his word, so we're trying to make him out to be famous for it tonite! He (or one of his buddies) also hit the owner of the WRX or something. Work warning on the second vid for language as they argue about the bet.

Here's a couple of the vids:

http://www.neneons.org/vids/z06pussybig.wmv - Part 1
http://www.neneons.org/vids/z06pussybigPART2.wmv - Part 2

Here's one of the non-WRX forums where it is being discussed...
http://www.midweststangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2990&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What a loser.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn that stinks, they aren't working anymore from the original thread either.

Argh...the server that's hosting them might be getting too many hits, so probably might work later?

If not I have them saved on my computer and might be able to have them emailed out! The first one is really the only worthwhile one anyway, the second just shows them all arguing about the $500 bet and who hit whom....then the cops show up which is good for a laugh.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
I can't get them to download either. :confused: I wonder if they have been removed? I would like to see what went down. Sounds like the Vette owner was a real sore loser. :slap: :slap:

·
2,432 Posts
The Z06 just had a bad driver that's all there is to it. Talk about bad off the line. The guy driving the WRX really wound that car up to launch it. Couldn't tell what the Z06 was doing, but he gave up 3-4 car lengths at the line.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Silly question, but in the first run the vette had the wrx when the scoobie hit the brakes - I guess there was a predetermined stop point before that?
Anyway - what tools. Both of them. Take it to the track.
Dan

·
Registered
279 Posts
AmesGTO said:
The Z06 just had a bad driver that's all there is to it. Talk about bad off the line. The guy driving the WRX really wound that car up to launch it. Couldn't tell what the Z06 was doing, but he gave up 3-4 car lengths at the line.
I have never seen any Z06 beat a WRX off of the line. Any car with decent horsepower and four wheel drive will beat a Z06 off the line. It is a different story when they get rolling.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JimHoward said:
I have never seen any Z06 beat a WRX off of the line. Any car with decent horsepower and four wheel drive will beat a Z06 off the line. It is a different story when they get rolling.
I've seen a Z06 take a STi off the line...me :(

Of course, that's only when I had the engine mgmt and some basic lightening. He had H/C/I package and slicks :eek: Also, I had just gotten my car and didn't want to dump the clutch at an insanely high rpm to launch well.

He ended up running a 11.8 or so, to my low 13. That's the same night as I ended up with my current best of 12.84.

·
Registered
279 Posts
STi said:
I've seen a Z06 take a STi off the line...me :(

Of course, that's only when I had the engine mgmt and some basic lightening. He had H/C/I package and slicks :eek: Also, I had just gotten my car and didn't want to dump the clutch at an insanely high rpm to launch well.

He ended up running a 11.8 or so, to my low 13. That's the same night as I ended up with my current best of 12.84.
I wouldn't chalk that up as a loss. Those two setups are nowhere near comparable. Put slicks on your car and you would have beaten him.

OK. So, I guess that I should have qualified my statement. I have never seen any STOCK Z06 on STOCK street tires beat a STOCK WRX on STOCK street tires.

I agree that your average Joe driving a stock WRX who races a NHRA Funny Car with a Z06 body is likely to get beat.

Geesh.

·
2,432 Posts
JimHoward said:
Not as bad as that guy got beat off the line. In the second run the camera guy in the WRX could hardly spin the camera around to the back window fast enough. I think the Z06 was late leaving the line also.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Here's me taking a mildly modded LS1 Vette off the line, and he later catches me on the big end. This was in El Paso at 4100 feet, back when I was PadreWRX :) . I later beat the same Vette when I got my WRX down to low 13's, though he would have beat me by a tenth or two with slicks. The crowd was so impressed, the announcer, as you can hear, called me the "Intergalactic Subaru". :)

My old WRX vs. LS1 Vette

Padre

·
Registered
459 Posts
Seems to me that both of them are going to end up in trouble. Video taping a street race, cops get called, cop sees or hears about vid. Puts 2 and 2 together = Bye Bye license. I do agree chump should have paid up though.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
gangster1 said:
Seems to me that both of them are going to end up in trouble. Video taping a street race, cops get called, cop sees or hears about vid. Puts 2 and 2 together = Bye Bye license. I do agree chump should have paid up though.
This brings up an interesting question. What are the legal implications of posting information on this forum? It is "public access", so I would assume insurance agents, service managers, and law enforcement authorities could get all the information they need right here.

Are forum postings from the internet admissable evidence in court? It would be easy (by logging and tracing IP addresses) to prove what COMPUTER made the post, but how do you prove who typed it in? How do you prove the post isn't a complete fabrication? LOL, granted, a video tape is pretty damn condemning!

I changed my avatar and sig because of privacy concerns. Now I am wondering about legal issues. Any lawyers in the house? :D

·
2,432 Posts
The legalities of what you are describing are in a state of flux. Most of these precedents are being set by the RIAA lawsuits for sharing music. In the latest ruling the judge ruled that the RIAA can’t sue John Doe’s and use the suits to subpoena ISP’s to give up names. They must build the suit, have the name, and then go to ISP’s for evidence.

New precedents are moving toward protecting the privacy of internet users. But, that can change.

Posting video is a whole different story, especially when the police came and got plate numbers and drivers licenses. Now they can fill in what lead to them getting called.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:slap: If your gonna play your gonna pay :wall:

·
ooooh wee, I love this car
151 Posts
What a bunch of wusses. That Z06 owner should've gotten a pumpkinhead for not paying up. On Doty Rd. in Chicago he would have taken some lumps that night.

·
ooooh wee, I love this car
151 Posts
AmesGTO said:
It's kind of like having a flash back when new members reply to these old threads. It wasn't that long ago when I was reading through all the old threads myself.
Hey man, I resemble that remark. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts