LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Spent most of sunday waxing the goat with Zymol carbon wax its a real wax with 38% carnuba. Not their most expensive wax but at $38 not cheap.

http://community.webshots.com/user/fraser350

This is the second polish i've tried, Zymol is maybe only a touch shinier then Meguires NXT. Probley couldn't tell the difference between both finishes if the pictures were mixed. Probley try Zaino or another Zymol wax next.

In Chicago you can buy Zymol at Car boutique price is same as internet.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
looks real nice. i have also been using Meguiars NXT. i like it alot.

i am tempted to try Zaino, but im still to cheap and lazy to commit to it.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For July 30th meet PJ's red goat is gonna be Zainoed to the max i'm expecting. I'll probley Zymol polish mine once again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks nice, did you use water to even it out afterwards? I do that after a full wax, makes it look extra shiny, especially with that Zymol.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't i've seen professional detailers spray some water on the wax once its applied to a body panel. The problem i've run into is, dust accumulates on the lower halfs of the doors and rear bumper (due to static?) My solution is first wipe the dust with a microfiber towel (the one i use is designed for dusting) then use Zymol detail spray with another microfiber towel buff then I used a buffer with terry cloth bonnet took out any swirl marks, looks awsome. I can't wait to try Zymols estate glazes, big dollar stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've used Zymol products for years. They're worth every penny! My GTO already has a coat of Zymol Carbon on it. Just remember, though, waxes don't make a car shine...polishes do! Waxes protect. If you want that paint to really pop...find a good polish.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum putch

Zymol makes polishes too, they call them glazes. problem is their estate glazes are over $100 for 8 oz.

Glaze to me is a product that contains no wax and is somewhat abrasive, Zymol doesn't agree though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The polish I'm talking about is Zymol's HD-Cleanse. It really makes the paint stand out.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when I polished my truck I was taking out some defects with rubbing compound then removing the swirl marks left with 3M glaze and a waffle pad on the buffer the panels would look friggn awsome after the glaze then when I put 3M wax on them they went back to normally looking hazey crap.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Take a moment and read the link below about the Wax/Polish that we sell. Our decision to carry this as our lead wax/polish was based on it's success at the 2002 SEMA Show, it's perofrmance, and ease of application. Several GTO and Cadillac CTS-V owners have used it with good success. It is endorsed by both BMW and Mercedes as their New Car Finish Product. Optimum has no distillites or fillers and therefore no residue to wipe off. Generous 17oz bottle will do your car nearly six times. Professional detail shops use this product to the max. HTH

http://www.carmotorsports.com/polish.htm

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts