LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
LS9 FTW
304 Posts
Here is the flyer on the MC2 FZ10 wheels.
Thanks for posting!

The company was sold in late 2004/early 2005 and renamed to Forgetec Alloys which then went out in 2007 (GM actually started producing some of their wheel styles as an OEM option after the company closing, along with Vogue Tyre in the later years as aftermarket).

I think MC2 had 3 or 4 styles of wheels for the GTO.
Some people on here had cracking issues from some posts I've seen, some even complete failure of the wheel as all of the spokes broke free.

My parents had a set of MC2 wheels on their 2003 and then 2004 Escalade, LOVED them until the chrome started peeling on the outer barrels causing air leaks between the tire bead then had to replace them in 2016 since no one was repairing/refinishing chrome wheels anymore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I really like these MC2 wheels. Unfortunately, theyre only 8" wheels so even if I push it the widest tire Ill get on their is a 255. The original owner put a SC on and some other items so it was already just a bit below 500 whp when I got it. Im about to do the heads/cam and some other items. So a 245 or even the 255 tire simply wont be enough :ROFLMAO:

·
Seriously?
1,765 Posts
I really like these MC2 wheels. Unfortunately, theyre only 8" wheels so even if I push it the widest tire Ill get on their is a 255. The original owner put a SC on and some other items so it was already just a bit below 500 whp when I got it. Im about to do the heads/cam and some other items. So a 245 or even the 255 tire simply wont be enough :ROFLMAO:
If you really like the wheel, get 2 of them widened 1.5" so that you can go 275, 285 wide in the rear. May have to roll fenders, massage inner fender depending on suspension set up. Plenty of people on here have had the stock 17s and 18s widened with no problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you really like the wheel, get 2 of them widened 1.5" so that you can go 275, 285 wide in the rear. May have to roll fenders, massage inner fender depending on suspension set up. Plenty of people on here have had the stock 17s and 18s widened with no problems.
My last 06 GTO had a min tub and the fenders cut. They then had the original stock wheels widened to accommodate 315s. Ive thought about going that route on this current 05 (rolling the fenders at the very least), but it has crazy low miles (7500) and immaculate paint so I'm hesitant to mess with the fenders too much. Thinking about getting a set of those AFF02 wheels that maverickman has on their site again for a limited time.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Yeah i just had two of my 17s widened 1in. Will rock them for summer tires next year.

·
Registered
488 Posts
SAP Front extension hardware kit…
(a shout out to Mike/DMS for this HW kit being created back in 2005!)
View attachment 511144

View attachment 511145
Huge thanks for posting these; I may have to have front end painted in the future and was curious about these instructions. It does look like the hardware kit instructions page 2 is missing. Any chance you got that too?
Mine, like others, doesn’t have the DMS hardware kit. I’m really curious if anyone know the specs on the parts, more detail than green or red drill or high low studs. There has to be an actual hardware spec and drill depth known that could help us recreate the kit fairly inexpensive. I would love to put it together for when my SAP eventually comes off for repaint. Is Mike DMS still around and maybe can help with the hardware specs?

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just added page 2 back, not sure how it dropped. I’ll try to locate the drill bits or other hw that came with the kit. I tend to save everything. Unfortunately I do know Mike/DMS has long since purged all his GTO files.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just added page 2 back, not sure how it dropped. I’ll try to locate the drill bits or other hw that came with the kit. I tend to save everything. Unfortunately I do know Mike/DMS has long since purged all his GTO files.
Wow, so you have an unused kit? Would be awesome to recreate, or identify the parts people can buy. Also would need to recreate a drill template; would be easy to do by the right person that has the hardware kits on their car; they would have to take the bumper or facia off I suppose

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I do not have an unused kit, but I may still have the drill bits that came with it to confirm depth stops.

·
Registered
72 Posts
K
Thanks for posting!

The company was sold in late 2004/early 2005 and renamed to Forgetec Alloys which then went out in 2007 (GM actually started producing some of their wheel styles as an OEM option after the company closing, along with Vogue Tyre in the later years as aftermarket).

I think MC2 had 3 or 4 styles of wheels for the GTO.
Some people on here had cracking issues from some posts I've seen, some even complete failure of the wheel as all of the spokes broke free.

My parents had a set of MC2 wheels on their 2003 and then 2004 Escalade, LOVED them until the chrome started peeling on the outer barrels causing air leaks between the tire bead then had to replace them in 2016 since no one was repairing/refinishing chrome wheels anymore.
Think I'll post a wanted ad for a couple of these MC2 FZ10 wheels. Would like to have another set to have 2 widened for a staggered set up and then have 2 for backups.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Below is an old pic of the OEM SAP mufflers. Can someone confirm for me… is the one on the left the driver side and the one on the right passenger side?

Tin Drinkware Cylinder Material property Gas

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
That is some good info/documentation to have for people/prospective GTO buyers to see. I don't know if there is anything out there for the 2004 kit because it was a last minute put together by GM to help push the last of the 2004s off the lots. Nonetheless, I paid $500 at the dealer parts department for my 2004 kit, which was the grills, the spoiler and the 2005 hood. This was absolute theft on my part and I can't think of a better deal I have ever gotten on parts like that.
FWIW—I found an old thread that said the 04 SAP kit was officially called the “Retro Package” by GM. New to me but curious if anyone has the GM literature.

Mike/DMS also mentioned that you basically got a free ‘05 hood by purchasing the grills and spoiler, similar to your receipt showed. He also mentioned the Autocross grills/spoiler were one and the same as the same bits in the SAP kit.

Reactions: 2006GTOCGM

·
Seriously?
1,765 Posts
FWIW—I found an old thread that said the 04 SAP kit was officially called the “Retro Package” by GM. New to me but curious if anyone has the GM literature.

Mike/DMS also mentioned that you basically got a free ‘05 hood by purchasing the grills and spoiler, similar to your receipt showed. He also mentioned the Autocross grills/spoiler were one and the same as the same bits in the SAP kit.
I have heard of the SAP parts referred to as Autocross grills and spoiler. I think it was an unofficial name that GM was using. I did not remember how the pricing breakdown worked until I pulled out my receipt. I was like, dam, I got a free hood out of this deal! I remember when I heard about the deal...$500 for all of it and when I called the dealership, it took the parts guy a little bit to figure it out. I reserved my parts over the phone and went back the next weekend to pick it all up. I was thinking if I snoozed, I was gonna lose.

Reactions: MIAGTO and zech912

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So it seems GMs idea of “retro” at the time was to give the new GTO the scooped hood. Hmm, altho add to that notion…I’ve always thought the SAP spoiler was a nod to the 1969 GTO Judge’s spoiler.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: cjsxv3

·
Seriously?
1,765 Posts
I regret selling my SAP spoiler. I'm still on the fence about its looks but I should have kept it. I did get $200 for it which brought my SAP investment down to $300. Maybe I'll get lucky and one will be for sale for the right price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was never a fan of the SAP spoiler or rear bumper for that matter. But theyve grown on me. Im liking the sap spoiler even more now know that it rather resembles that 69 GTO Judge spoiler in the picture! Im not a huge fan of the late 60s GTOs. The 65 is my favorite car period, I've had 2 and eventually I'll get another one :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts