LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Yeah, Stock bushings suck. Its hard to hear anything in my car as its gutted and the 3" str8 pipes are loud as fuck. Suspension is so stiff i get all kinds of rattles and clunks( its a drift car so you know how that is) Stock half shafts and driveshaft somehow heald up all season. With more product support they would be awesome drift cars, but the price on the car makes it impractical to do what me and Tung are doing. (Payed $30k for my gto when it was only a few months old lol) Would be worth it to pick up a roller for like $1500 and build from there tho for sure. I just picked up a pretty clean roller for $500 last week for a parts car and its still a usable chassis. Drop a junk yard 5.3 in it with some mods, lay down 400whp and your ready to rock on a budget built GTO drift car.
The cars are big and heavy stock. Because of that they neede to make the chassis strong. With a good crash bar these things are tanks. I crashed my car a few times this year pretty good and the chassis is still totaly fine.
Ill let you take my car around the track at a demo day next year mike and see how you like it. That way you can decide if all out is the rout you want to go or if you want to keep rocking the 86. Iv seen you drive both and its obvious your much more comfortable in the 86, but i think you will progress faster in the GTO as it has the power to keep up with everyone else. .....or swap the 86 and you will be set.

·
"DIPSHIT DIRTBAG"
713 Posts
Lot of peeps say that Drifting is lame. I think it is pretty awesome. The car control is off the hook.
I had an Aerostar van, and when there was a few inches of snow on the road I'd go play drift. Didn't have to go fast, but I could hang the rear almost 90 degrees through the whole neiborhood. At 5 mph!
No way I could do it at the speeds you guys go, too crazy.
Kuddos to your sport

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey I learned by hand braking in my mom's 2005 toyota corolla in the snow. (gasp FWD). I didn't care it was so much fun!

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
i demand UPDATES !!!

lol

can i send my rear control arms to you so you can weld me up a bracket ??

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
oo yea, i have bride seats too, what rails did you use? i dont remember Bride making a rail for the GTO. also Gforce started to make steering wheel hubs so i can fianlly get my NARDI wheel on

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I made rails. I'm working on a better setup.

Ya! I just order one of those hubs too. So glad they made one. Stock steering wheel SUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
I made rails. I'm working on a better setup.

Ya! I just order one of those hubs too. So glad they made one. Stock steering wheel SUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
i will take you out to the dirtiest strip club in Brooklyn and pay for all your lap dances if you make me a dual caliper set up. lol

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
^ give me some time since I need to figure out what direction to take the car.

Here's some pictures of the autopower cage fitment. Just for everyone's reference.

and a sneak peek of what's coming.

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
Looking good. once the weather turns for the better here ill start working on my car. What clutch are you running, i spoke to monster and they told me to run their 11' ceramic race clutch. told me itll take all the clutch kicks i give it.

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
yeah definitely still rubber line. That doesn't really matter with clutch kicks. You're not throwing a ton of excess pressure into it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This thing has taken a backseat to my track car.

BUT IT'S A GREAT TOW VEHICLE LOL.:bunny:

got 19.8 mpg towing out to NJ from MI.

·
NYC GOAT
1,066 Posts
you in NJ and you dont hit a drifer up !!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Was a dual caliper setup necessary or could you just use the rear calipers off your hydraulic hand brake thing? Always wonder why people use the E-brake drums instead of just adding another way to lock up the rear via the hand brake handle?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I recommend keeping the system completely separate from the standard four channel ABS to maintain proper ABS functionality. If you don't mind deleting ABS, don't worry about it and plumb it inline with the rear brake lines.

It also has another side effect when you plumb them inline. When you hit the foot brake and pull the handle at the same time you can feel it in both. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's noticeable. The cheaper hydro ebrakes can also lock up if you hit the brakes and pull your hydro at the same time which I tend to do a lot.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts